2023 Georgia Division JO Qualifier
Augusta Fencers Club
464-B Greene Street, Augusta, GA 30901 USA
Please read the More Info page often for updates. Pre-Registration & payment on AskFRED is mandatory! Your incomplete registration will be deleted if payment is not received by the Nov. 3rd deadline.
THE FINAL SCHEDULE IS NOW UPDATED. JUNIOR MEN'S FOIL EVENT HAS BEEN UPDATED
Pre-registration and payment ($25 registration and $25 per event) on AskFRED is mandatory! ALL fees and payments are non-refundable, even if event is not fenced due to 3 or fewer fencers.
You MUST pay on AskFRED by November 3rd for your registration to be considered complete. If there are any issues with online payment, contact Charise Munlin at email@example.com.
Late registrations MAY be taken at the discretion of the tournament organizers as long as they do not affect strip or referee assignments. Late registrations if accepted, will be accepted at a cost of the Registration fee PLUS TRIPLE THE ENTRY FEE. Please contact Charise Munlin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to request this option.
Late registrations will NOT be accepted for events with 3 or fewer registered fencers at the time of the registration deadline (November 3rd).
Make sure your email address is updated on your AskFRED profile. Many important event updates will be sent via email.
SATURDAY, November 25, 2023
N/A - Junior Men's Epee - WILL NOT BE FENCED FENCER WITHDREW
N/A - Junior Men's Foil - WILL NOT BE FENCED FENCER WITHDREW
N/A - Cadet Men's Epee - WILL NOT BE FENCED FENCER WITHDREW
SUNDAY, November 26, 2023
EVENTS NOT BEING FENCED
TBD - Junior Women's Saber
TBD - Junior Women's Foil
TBD - Junior Women's Epee
TBD - Junior Men's Saber
TBD - Cadet Women's Foil
TBD - Cadet Men's Foil
TBD - Cadet Women's Saber
TBD - Cadet Men's Saber
TBD - Cadet Women's Epee
Proper equipment is required. Masks, body cords and lames will be checked by the armorer.
USA Fencing competitive membership is required. Access membership, is not accepted. You must have proof of USA Fencing membership and your membership number at the time of registration. To become a member please go to https://www.usafencing.org/membership.
Fencers must also show proof of age. Examples of acceptable types of proof, copy of birth certificate, driver's license, state id, USA Fencing membership card that indicates age has been verified. You may take a picture of your acceptable document with your cell phone and present the picture at check in.
This is a closed tournament, open to members of the Georgia Division only.
Cadet birth years are 2007-2010
Junior birth years are 2004-2010
The top 25% finishers of each event will qualify to attend the Junior Olympic Championships. Additionally, any AGE ELIGIBLE fencer who has qualified for Junior event(s) at the Junior Olympics is automatically qualified to fence in the corresponding Cadet event(s) at the Junior Olympics.
Fencers who are on the USA Fencing's National Rolling Points list are automatically qualified to fence at the Junior Olympic Championships. These fencers do not have to fence in this qualifying event in order to attend the Junior Olympics. They may, however, fence in this qualifier if they choose to. Only these fencers will be skipped over in the results to the next eligible fencer.
Junior Olympics Qualification Paths
- Fencers must meet age eligibility AND
- Be on the Cadet National Rolling Point Standings (NRPS) at the regular fee entry deadline
- Earn at least 110 regional points on either the Cadet or Junior Regional Point Standings
(Total points = an athletes top two point results)
- Be in the top 25 percent (round up) of their division's Cadet JO qualifying competition
- Be in the top 25 percent (round up) of their division's Junior JO qualifying competition (Junior event must occur first)
- For EPEE ONLY: the top 3 (on Modern Pentathlon Point Standings) USA Fencing Modern Pentathlon fencers will be eligible to compete in the JO epee events without qualifying by any other means. USA Modern Pentathlon fencers MUST be USA Fencing members
* Fencers must meet age eligibility AND
* Be on the Junior national rolling point standings (NRPS) at the regular fee entry deadline
* Earn at least 110 regional points on the Junior Regional Point Standing (Total points = an athletes top two point results)
* Be in the top 25 percent (round up) of their division's Junior JO qualifying competition
* For EPEE ONLY: the top 3 (on Modern Pentathlon Point Standings) USA Fencing Modern Pentathlon fencers will be eligible to compete in the JOI epee events without qualifying by any other means. USA Modern Pentathlon fencers MUST be USA Fencing members
The 2023-2024 season's Junior Olympic Championships will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina, February 16-19, 2024.
Registration opens October 3, 2023 and closes November 3, 2023.